Deadline: Please submit resume, cover letter and at least two references by February 24, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Law for Black Lives (L4BL) is seeking a full-time Membership Director. This position is a unique opportunity to support and direct an emerging network of lawyers, law students and legal workers. The Membership Director would be integral in building this organization over the next year.
The L4BL Membership Director will provide leadership toward the achievement of L4BL’s vision and mission. The role will strive to help L4BL meet its strategic aims through planning and implementation of its annual and longer-term goals. The L4BL Membership Director is a supervisory position that will regularly report to the Advisory Board.
Provide overall coordination of the L4BL membership and national projects (along with the Partnerships Director) including moving forward the following key pieces of work:
- Support other L4BL Leadership and develop strategy in concert with the Advisory Board and Partnership Director(s).
- Supervise Administrative Coordinator (in conjunction with Partnerships Director)
- Administer the law student programming along with law student partner
- Act as face of organization and media liaison when appropriate
- Administer Local Sub-Grants
- Engage with requests for rapid response and leverage the L4BL network to respond. Coordinate existing and emerging membership
- Strive to bring the values of Law for Black Lives into practice
- Sit on L4BL Advisory Board
- Coordinate Volunteers
- Develop on-boarding process for new members
- Develop concrete terms of membership (benefits and responsibilities)
- Curate Membership List
- Coordinate listening tour in tandem with other staff and local partners
- Develop and execute communication plan, including regular email campaigns
- Serve as the primary contact for media inquiries and develop media contact list
- Disseminate statements on political happenings
- Keep L4BL membership informed of organization activities
- Field communication from membership
- In tandem with the Partnerships Director develop a training schedule and then disseminate information on trainings and political education materials developed by Political Education Consultant
- Regularly report progress to Advisory Board
- Work with Media Consultant based on need as assessed in conjunction with Partnership Director and Advisory Board
- Assess resource opportunities as they arise, and identify points of leverage, opportunity and alignment.
- Maintain and grow anyinstitutional funder and individual donor relationships for L4BL and aim to cultivate new strategic resource partners
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Deep commitment to and enthusiasm for L4BL. Understanding of Black organizing, Black liberation, intersectionality, anti-oppression principles and practices with experience utilizing personal and organizational interactions.
- Experience with coalition building and/or working in established coalitions and/or growing new collaborations.
- Experience engaging membership and expanding reach and members of an organization
- Able to effectively represent L4BL to a variety of audiences and communities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience facilitating and leading meetings.
- Able to provide leadership within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills for effective projectmanagement.
Position: Full time employee.
Compensation: Upon application
Location: United States but travel necessary
Start Date: April 2017
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter, including monthly rate, as well as two references in one single Word or PDF document by February 24, 2017 to:
- Law for Black Lives
- Subject: L4BL Membership Director Application
- Email: email@example.com
- Please label document - LastName_FirstName_MembershipDirector
- Applications reviewed on rolling basis.