Deadline: Please submit resume, cover letter and at least two references by February 24, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Law for Black Lives (L4BL) is seeking an full-time Operations Coordinator. This position is a unique opportunity to support an emerging network of lawyers, law students and legal workers.
The Operations Coordinator will provide leadership and support to achieve L4BL’s vision and mission. The L4BL Operations Coordinator will report to the Membership and Partnerships Directors.
Provide internal and external support towards the overall coordination of the L4BL membership and national projects.
- Responsible for collaboration between directors and Advisory Board
- Tracking and bridging projects between L4BL and the network
- Meeting with and reporting to fiscal sponsor as the primary liaison
- Manage timeline for grants
- Responsible for tracking budget, reimbursements and expenses
- Email and phone monitoring to facilitate responses to inquiries
- Operate as the primary communication contact with multiple communities externally as well as internally in the L4BL ecosystems
- Coordinate activities for L4BL, including Advisory Board, beloved communities, and volunteers, including
- Plan in person meetings and conference calls (scheduling, note taking, and facilitation)
- Supporting and staffing Advisory BoardArrange travel, accommodations, and reimbursements
- Write and submit documents (e.g. proposals, strategy documents, etc) when needed for L4BL
- Serve as primary liaison with L4BL Fund fiscal sponsor
- Support theshortertermandlongertermsgoalsofL4BL, suchas: movementmapping, donorcampaignsandsharedtrainings.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Deep commitment to and enthusiasm for L4BL. Willingness to understand Black organizing, Black liberation, intersectionality, anti-oppression principles and practices with experience utilizing personal and organizational interactions.
- Experience engaging membership and expanding reach and members of an organization.
- Able to effectively represent L4BL to a variety of audiences and communities.
- Strong verbal and written communicationskills.
- Able to provide leadership within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills for effective projectmanagement.
- Experience interfacing with fiscal sponsors a plus.
Position: Full time employee.
Compensation: Upon application
Location: United States but travel necessary
Start Date: April 2017
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter, including monthly rate, as well as two references in one single Word or PDF document by February 24, 2017 to:
● Law for Black Lives
● Subject: L4BL Operations Coordinator Application
● Email: email@example.com
● Please label document - LastName_FirstName_OpsCoordinator
● Applications reviewed on rolling basis.